Cooking a steak in a toaster oven can be a lot different than cooking it on a barbecue grill or in an oven. There is a way of how to cook a steak in a toaster oven that will result in a steak that is tender, juicy, and full of flavor.
Mind that in a toaster oven, the meat is much closer to the heating elements, and thus, you must take more precautions to prevent burning. Cooking a roast in a toaster oven is typically done with thick cuts of meat that can dry out if overcooked.
What You Need to Cook Steak in Toaster Oven
Cooking a steak in a toaster oven is a fairly simple process. You just need to plan ahead. You need to start thawing the roast out the night before. You may want to serve the steak with a side dish. I recommend that you serve it with a baked potato.
- 1 1/2 pound steak;
- Salt and pepper;
- 1/4 cup butter;
- 1 tablespoon oil;
- 1/2 tablespoon steak sauce;
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce;
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper;
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder;
- 1 teaspoon onion powder;
- Toaster oven broiling pan.
- Start by thawing the steak out the night before. This will take at least 6 hours.
- Take the meat out of the refrigerator about an hour before you plan to cook it. This will allow the meat to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the toaster oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Instructions on How to Cook a Steak in a Toaster Oven
Cooking a steak in a toaster oven is also very quick, so you must pay close attention to time and temperature. Follow these steps:
Step 1: Preheat. The first step is to preheat your toaster oven to 400 degrees F.
Step 2: Oil. Next, you will need to place the meat on a broiler pan and brush each side with vegetable oil.
Step 3: Broiling a steak in the oven. This is the setting that is usually in the top-right corner of a toaster oven, and it’s usually marked with an icon of a flame. To broil steak in a toaster oven, you will need to place meat in the oven and cook for 6 minutes per side.
Step 4: Turn the meat over. This is the tricky part. Most people flip the meat over using tongs, but tongs won’t work on a steak. The best tool for the job is a pair of metal chopsticks.
Step 5: Salt and pepper. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the meat.
Step 6: Add butter. Use a butter knife to spread the butter over the steak. The butter will help create a delicious crust on your dish.
Step 7: Take out the steak. Use a pair of tongs to pull the roast out of the toaster oven.
Step 8: After you have finished cooking, you will want to let the meat rest for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Step 9: Enjoy! Slice the steak and enjoy it with some rice and veggies or baked potatoes.
How to Broil Steak Tips
Broiling is a great way to cook a cut of meat. It is quick and easy, and the results are tender, juicy, and delicious. Yet, most of us have no idea how to broil steak properly. I hope my tips will help you make broiled steak at home.
- The first thing you should do is prepare your broiler pan and place it about 8 inches from the heat source. If you don’t have a broiler pan, you can place a rack on top of your oven and place the steak on the rack.
- Spray the broiling pan with non-stick cooking spray. If you don’t have spray, rub the broiling pan with a thin layer of oil.
- Choose a cut of meat that is 1 to 2 inches thick.
- Make sure the meat is at room temperature.
- Pat the cut of meat dry with paper towels.
If you still have questions, maybe this FAQ section will have an answer. If you don’t see the question that you have, then please feel free to leave a comment below, and we will answer it for you.
How many minutes do you cook a steak in the oven?
This depends on the thickness of the steak. If you want a rare steak, cook it for five minutes. If you want a medium-rare, cook it for 10 minutes and if you want a well-done steak, then cook it for 15 minutes.
How do you cook a steak in the oven without searing it?
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Place the steak on the foil so that the foil doesn’t touch the oven.
- Set your timer to 12 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, the cut will be perfectly medium-rare.
- Let the steak rest for 5 minutes before cutting into it.
- Voila! Perfectly cooked steak every time.
What temperature should you cook a steak to?
The safe internal temperature for a steak is 145 degrees Fahrenheit. The temperature can be taken by inserting a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the steak.
How do you cook a ribeye steak in a toaster oven?
- Trim the fat off the edge of the ribeye steak.
- Preheat the toaster oven to 400F.
- Place the ribeye cut on the rack in the toaster oven and bake until the steak reaches an internal temperature of 120F for rare, 125F for medium-rare, and 130F for medium.
- Allow the ribeye to rest for five minutes prior to serving.
Is cooking steak in the convection oven better than in the pan?
Cooking steak in the oven can help make it more tender, but it’s not really necessary. I also like to cook steak in the oven because it’s very hands-off, and you can set it and forget it.
Is it bad to cook with aluminum foil?
Aluminum foil is metal and reacts with acidic foods like tomatoes, citrus fruits, vinegar, and wine. For best results, use nonstick foil for cooking. (Aluminum foil for food storage is safe.)
If you are looking for a way to cook a steak without having to fire up the grill or oven, then I highly recommend you invest in a toaster oven. It’s an ideal way to cook a steak, as long as you do not mind the size of the meat that comes out. It is very tender, juicy meat. If you can deal with the size, then I think this is one of the best ways to cook the dish.