The ranch dressing mix is great! It’s a classic American salad dressing taste that many people adore. It’s not just for dressing, however. Today, many recipes and casseroles (especially quick and easy recipes) add ranch dressing mix and other salad dressings as a delicious flavoring. Here’s how to make your own ranch dressing mix. This recipe will equal one store-bought package of ranch mix.
- 15 saltines;
- 2 cups dried minced parsley flakes;
- 1/2 cup dried minced onion;
- 2 tablespoons dried dill weed;
- 1/4 cup onion salt;
- 1/4 cup garlic salt;
- 1/4 cup onion powder;
- 1/4 cup garlic powder.
- 1 tablespoon Dressing Mix — from the above;
- 1 cup mayonnaise;
- 1 cup buttermilk.
- Put crackers through a blender at high speed until powdered.
- Add parsley, minced onions, and dill weed.
- Blend again until powdered.
- Dump into bowl.
- Stir in onion salt, garlic salt, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Put into a container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Store dry mix at room temperature for 1 year.
- Makes 42 one-tablespoon servings.
- To use mix – Combine mix, mayonnaise, and buttermilk.